Saturday 3 May 2014

TASK THREE


GH https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pvnvqnd30rudlt/Task3TEST.gh
RN https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w7fomngr9o7tne/Task3Final.3dm



The initial idea of the waffle script was to keep the cutting as a 2D element since laser cutting is not done in 3D. This way, if I use it in the future for more complicated models the computer wont lag so much as it calculates the changes. I found that in task2, it took so long for the changes to be implemented once the model became somewhat complex and this was a pain. I will have to go back and change the scrip if I desire the above effect.



  



Post waffling. Original definition structure was removed as I couldn't figure out how to find the intersection for the horizontal fries as the angle of intersection changes along the circumference of the section of the polygon. Quickest solution was to adapt a regular XY axis sectioning by drawing a box around the polygon, dividing lines to draw intersecting lines within the box, extruding and finding the section. 

I had no idea how to lay the sections out so I used Victor Leung's definition shared on grasshopper3D.com and adapted to this script. 





No comments:

Post a Comment